Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Ginger Hamburger Helper

I've been so excited to try this recipe out. I probably found it about a month ago but i either would forget about it or wouldnt have ground beef. FINALLY I remembered about it so i made sure I had everything for it. I thought this also would make a great night before a race dinner. This recipe is super easy & fast and very flavorful. :) definitely want to make it again!! I served this over my quinoa concoction that I came up with as I was waiting for the meat to brown. 

Sweet & Spicy Ginger Hamburger Helper
 Ingredients
1 lb Ground Beef
2 T Coconut Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 t Salt
1 heaping tsp Ground Ginger
1 T + 1 tsp Coconut Aminos
1 T honey
1, 16-oz bag Frozen Veggies of choice (i used green beans)

Directions 
Heat the oil over medium-high in a skillet and add the onion and garlic.
When the onion is translucent, add the beef and brown it well.
Reduce heat to medium and add the bell pepper, salt, ginger, palm syrup, and coconut aminos. Simmer for a few minutes to let the flavors marry.
Add the frozen veggies, stir to combine, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve over quinoa, cauliflower rice or as desired.

Recipe is fromhttp://fastpaleo.com/sweet-and-spicy-ginger-hamburger-helper/

My quinoa concoction
1/2 c dry quinoa
1 C chicken stock or water or vegetable broth
Approximately of the following (I didn't measure)
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ginger
Pinch red pepper flake
Squeeze of half a lime
Himalayan sea salt & pepper to taste 

Soak quinoa in water for 10 minutes & then drain. Place rinsed quinoa in pot with 1 cup of liquid of choice. Turn stove onto medium high heat & bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil, cover & let simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is gone. Remove from heat & let stand for 5 minutes and then fluff with fork.  Next put in your olive oil, ginger, red pepper flake, lime, & salt. Mix together & serve :) 


Yum! Perfect dinner before my race. Notice my coconut water - best kind of natural electrolyte sports drink :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment