Thursday, July 25, 2013

Delicious, no sugar added, STRAWBERRY PANCAKES!

I'm a few days behind on my posts, which tends to happen as my life doesn't seem to stop these days. Anyway... We got home really late Sunday night from our trip to Colorado. This meant I was too tired and didn't have time to think of what kind of meat I needed to pull from the freezer/find a recipe for dinner. I also knew Monday would be busy between work, laundry (so we could pack Dave up again for his 6am flight Tuesday) and my girls soccer practice. And since Dave was leaving, I didn't want too many leftovers. I've been craving pancakes and bacon for a couple days and because I never have time in the morning to make breakfast like that, I decided that's what we would have for dinner. Plus making that is super easy & fast - my kind of meal :) I already had a recipe I wanted to try for pancakes because like I said above, I've been craving them for a few days and anytime I crave something, I look for a recipe to make that :) 
These pancakes honestly were to die for! I knew if the batter tasted good, they were going to be even better cooked. I didn't get any pictures because my first batch stuck to the pan for some reason. I put coconut oil on before I ever put batter  on, so it's beyond me why they stuck. The second batch Jaedyn was in my arms & I'm not that talented in flipping one handed while holding a baby. Needless to say all but one kind of became a scrambled mess. The third time around turned out perfect, but we were already half way done eating because it was 8 o'clock and we were starving. We served these with scrambled eggs and bacon. We topped the pancakes with extra strawberries & a little bit of organic maple syrup. You don't need much as these are already sweet. Hope you try them out.  I'm saving this recipe for another day when I'm craving pancakes 😃 I might change what fruit I add if any. 
Strawberry Pancakes 

3 eggs

1/2 cup milk (almond, goat, cow or coconut milk)

1/4 cup coconut flour

3/4 cup almond meal or flour (I used Trader Joe’s almond meal)

1/4 cup mashed ripe banana

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tbsp. gelatin (helps bind)

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (helps the rise and enhances the flavor)

pinch of sea salt

4-5 strawberries cut into small slices

Severs 2-3 people 10 small to medium sized pancakes.

Instructions

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Let the batter sit for 1 minute to let the coconut flour fluff up. Once fluffed up, fold in strawberries. Meanwhile, heat up a large skillet on medium heat with oil or butter. Pour the batter to make small to medium sized pancakes. Once a few bubbles pop on the pancakes flip to cook on the other side for 1 minute, or until the pancake center springs back when you touch it. Serve with a little maple syrup & extra strawberries. 

Recipe is from:

http://m.girlgonecountry.com/site/recipes-2/

best-paleo-pancakes/?imz_st

No comments:

Post a Comment