Friday, July 26, 2013

Garlic Chicken with red pepper & mushroom sauce



I'm so excited to share this recipe with you. I know I pretty much say I love every meal, but this sauce is to die for. After I was done eating, I went back for a few bites of sauce and mushrooms because ITS THAT GOOD! :) Tge best part about it is the prep is fast & cooking time is short as well. I don't have much more to say other then you have to try this! :) 

Garlic Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper & Mushroom Sauce 
Ingredients
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
  • 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 8-10 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 red bell peppers, sliced
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk

Instructions

  1. Marinate chicken in 1 Tbs olive oil, sea salt (optional), black pepper, chili powder and garlic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  2. Shortly before meal time, heat 2 medium skillets over medium-high heat.
  3. In one, saute marinated chicken until browned and almost fully cooked.
  4. Heat 1 Tbs olive (or coconut) oil in the other skillet. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until tender.
  5. Add red pepper, coconut milk and browned chicken and stir. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.

I put mine over steamed cauliflower because I had some in the fridge that I needed to get rid of & it just added that much more to the dish. I did serve this with a side of fresh green beans. 

I used this bowl because that's what my cauliflower was in and I didn't want to use another bowl. Ha! 

Recipe is from: http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-03/
garlic-chicken-red-peppers-and-mushroom-sauce/

No comments:

Post a Comment