Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Deck of Cards workout

Finally a workout post. I've been meaning to post some of the fun workouts I've been having my clients do as well as a 30 day ab challenge and 30 day push up challenge. I haven't finished the push up one yet, but have the ab one, so ill post that one soon. Anyway back to today's work out with a deck of cards. Awhile ago I saw this done on the Biggest Loser and thought to myself, I need to do this one day for my clients. Well then I had a baby and went on maternity leave and forgot all about it. Then last week one of my coworkers had a deck of cards in her hand & told me she was going to use it for her clients workout that day. I'm so happy she did that workout because too many times do I see something fun or a great new exercise but don't write it down then completely forget about it. The great thing about this workout is that you can change it to each client as well as gym specific (meanings weights or machines) or one you can do at home. I decided to do one you can do at home/road since its summer and everyone is traveling - although I did throw in the jokers at the last minute and chose an exercise which required a dumbbell.  :)
Here's your deck of cards workout: 
Spades- push ups
Diamonds- burpy
Clubs- sit ups
Hearts - squat jumps
Joker - 25 dumb bell swings
Everything is face value for reps except aces. 
Ace=20 reps

Time yourself and record it so the next time you do it, you have something to beat. Although it will be a different workout since every shuffle puts the cards in a different order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment