Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Banana bread

Banana bread - yum!! As a kid I loved when my mom would make it. The smell it would leave in the house as well as being able to eat a piece fresh out of the oven.  I don't know what it was about it, but its something that I have memories of. Ever since I changed my eating to clean eating and for the most part cut out foods with gluten in them, I've missed things like toast & sweet breads/muffins for dessert. Well the other day I had so many ripe bananas that I decided instead of freezing them (already have over a dozen frozen bananas) I'd find a paleo/clean eating banana bread recipe. I wasn't actually surprised that when i googled paleo banana bread that i found so many recipes, since people who eat paleo use bananas so much for treats & things like pancakes. Anyway I reviewed many of the recipes & knew that I was short on time so wanted something easy & fast and ended up picking one from tgi paleo.com. I liked it because it had no sugar in it, had just a handful of ingredients, and I could make in 10 minutes - this doesnt count for baking time. I thought it turned out really good, but I think ill add some chopped walnuts next time for texture. Other then that, it was really tasty and satisfied my craving for something sweet. :) 
Ingredients
  • ⅔ c Coconut Flour
  • 1 t Salt
  • 1 t Baking Soda
  • 1 t Cinnamon
  • 1 t Allspice
  • 3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
  • 6 Eggs
  • 2 t Vanilla

Instructions
  1. Whisk all of the dry ingredients together and set aside.
  2. Mash the bananas and beat the eggs and vanilla.
  3. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  5. Pour batter into a greased and parchment lined loaf pan.
  6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Pre baking photo
The end results! :) 

Recipe is fromhttp://www.tgipaleo.com/2013/06/05/no-frills-banana-bread-version-2-0/

No comments:

Post a Comment