Thursday, July 11, 2013

Crock pot salsa pork

I know, I know. Normally it's crock pot Tuesdays not Wednesdays, but this week I didn't go down to my mom & dads because we just got back from Indiana and I have a lot of house work that needs to be done. So I was able to actually cook a meal :) normally on Wednesdays I have time to cook, but I switched coaching days from Monday to Wednesday because I wasn't feeling very well - thus I needed a crock pot recipe. I was in the mood for pork & something that didn't need to cook too long because I don't have much time after work & before practice. I found this easy salsa cumin pork recipe & decided on it.  It wasnt a spectacular recipe but it wasnt bad either. The pork was really tender and moist and had a lot of flavor, but I don't know, it just wasnt something that blew my socks off. However, i would make it again because its easy & will make for good leftovers on my salads :) but next time I need to come up with a great side dish, more then just steamed green beans. But hey, when you don't eat dinner until 7:45, you don't really feel like eating that much anyway. 
Anyway if you want something easy, are in a hurry & a little spicy, give this recipe a try! :) 
Crock pot salsa pork chops 
4 pork chops with fat trimmed (I used pork loin sirloin chops, remember the guideline for 10% fat or less if you're making this for the South Beach Diet.)
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt 
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper (or less if you're not a pepper fan) 
1 T olive oil (or less)
1 cup salsa (I used Costcos organic salsa)
2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice

Directions:
Trim all fat around the edges of pork chops and discard fat.  Combine ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground black pepper in a small bowl; then use the spice mixture to rub the trimmed pork chops on both sides. 

Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan, add pork chops and cook over medium heat until well-browned, about 5 minutes per side.  (The pork chops don't need to be done clear though, but they should be nicely browned.)  

Spray sides and bottom of the slow cooker with olive oil.  Put browned pork chops into the slow cooker, pour over salsa-lime mixture, and cook on low for 4-5 or on high for 2-3 hours, or until the pork chops are very tender when pierced with a fork.  
Serve hot, with a little sauce spooned over each pork chops. - enjoy!

Recipe is from: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/03/crockpot-recipe-for-salsa-pork-chops.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment