Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finally...I cooked again!!

Well it's been almost a week since my last post. It's not that I haven't cooked but between soccer practices (I'm coaching again) packing for our trip, working, & lots of leftovers... I just haven't made a full "meal" in awhile. 
Anyway.. Yesterday was yet another  crazy day between work, dr's appointment, and soccer practice, BUT I wanted to make something especially since Dave was leaving Tuesday for the week & headed to a very small town in North Dakota & who knows what kind of food he'll find there. So out came the handy dandy crock pot - I seriously love that thing. I wasn't sure what I wanted to make but I knew I didn't have much time in between work & the doctor, so I settled on salsa chicken. It was super tasty & a little spicy too - just the way I like it! :) you can tone the spice down by using a mild salsa & either omitting the jalapeños or replacing with a green or red pepper. I served it over spaghetti squash and had a sweet potato & steamed green beans on the side. Delish! Hope you enjoy 😀

CROCK POT SALSA LIME CHICKEN

Ingredients:

  •        6 chicken breasts
  •        2 cups of organic mild salsa (make sure no sugar is added)
  •        1 lime (juice of)
  •        1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
  •        2 jalapeno peppers (finely chopped)
  •        3 heaping Tbsp taco seasoning
  •        ½ cup water

 

Steps:

  1. Prep all of your ingredients. Turn on your crockpot and set it on low.
  2. Add salsa, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, taco seasoning and water to your crockpot.
  3. Add your chicken to the crockpot and using a spoon, make sure you coat the chicken with the sauce.
  4. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Servings: 6

Recipe is from: http://www.amazingpaleo.com/2013/03/02/salsa-lime-chicken/


No comments:

Post a Comment