Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day pizza!!

Yes you are reading that title correctly. I made & ate pizza. For those of you that know me, know that I don't like pizza. Well it's not that I don't like it, but its so greasy & fatty that if I do eat even just one piece I get sick. So thus I avoid pizza at all costs. A few months ago I made a cauliflower pizza that turned out great & was super tasty but making it took a little longer and I just didn't have that kind of time between church and taking care of Jaedyn. Thus began my good blog scavenger hunt to find a healthy, gluten free, easy pizza crust. Surprisingly I found many different kinds, but finally settled on one that also included the toppings (I didn't want to have to think about it - I'm lazy like that ha!) Anyway I chose a meat lovers pizza because I know my man loves his meat & well it was his special day so he deserved to have his favorite :) 
I changed some things up a bit. The original recipe called for salami, which neither of us like, so I decided to use two different kind of sausages (mild & spicy) & a little bacon crumpled on top as well. Served with a side salad. Hope you enjoy! :)
If you look close only half the pizza has olives because i can't stand them :)

Ingredients
  • Crust
  • ¾ cup whole raw cashews (or 1 cup cashew flour)
  • 3 tablespoons almond flour
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • dash teaspoon garlic granules
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons almond milk
  • ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 2½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon cold water
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons fresh basil
    Pizza
  • ½ cup marinara sauce (no sugar added)
  • ¾ cup USWM Raw Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
  • 2 USWM Italian Sausage (i did one mild & one hot) casing removed and pre-cooked - I actually didn't use exactly 2, I had some leftovers
  • around 2 pieces USWM sugar-free bacon, cooked and chopped
  • ¼ cup mushrooms sliced 
  • ¼ cup black olives, pitted and sliced

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a food processor, pulse the cashews until a fine flour has formed.
  3. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and garlic granules, then process the mixture for 30 seconds.
  4. Add the eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and water and process for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few more times until you have a very smooth dough.
  5. Add the parsley and basil, and pulse two more times to roughly chop and incorporate the herbs.
  6. Let the dough rest for 2 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb some of the liquid.
  7. *It is a fairly wet dough, so don’t be alarmed that it doesn’t come together into a dense ball like most doughs.
  8. Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with a little almond flour, then turn the dough out onto the counter. Sprinkle a little more flour on the top of the ball of dough, then place another piece of parchment on top.
  9. Use your hands to flatten the ball into a disc, then lightly roll out the dough into a circle that is ¼ inch thick.
  10. Remove the top piece of parchment and carefully by gently tugging from one corner. Slide the other piece with the crust onto a pizza pan.
  11. *If you can’t remove the parchment without taking half of the dough with it, just bake the crust with the top piece intact. You can remove it once the crust has baked and before you add the toppings.
  12. Bake the crust for 12 minutes, or until it has puffed up and is golden brown around the edges.
  13. Top with marinara sauce, cheese, salami, sausage, bacon, mushrooms and olives and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Recipe is from: 
http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/08/07/meat-lovers-pizza/

No comments:

Post a Comment