Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Crock pot coffee roast

Crock pot Tuesdays! Most Tuesdays will be crock pot dinners because after I work a little in the morning, I drive to sandy to train my parents and thus have no time to make dinner. Today I decided that we needed some red meat. Wasn't really feelin like a meatloaf, so a roast it was. I was in a hurry deciding what to make, so I settled on the first thing I found - a coffee pot roast. Honestly this had one of the easiest preps too. Slice an onion & dice some mushrooms and chuck on the bottom of the crockpot. Take your seasonings & rub on the roast, the place in crockpot. Then finally dump your coffee and a little balsamic vinegar on it and set it on low for 10 hours. It was that easy! When I got home from training my parents, the house smelled sooo good and I couldn't wait to eat it. I decided to have some fresh steamed  green beans on the side and a baked potato for Dave and a sweet potato for me. As I went to serve it the meat, it immediately just fell apart - I love when meat is that tender. :) 

the roast was super tasty too although I think I'd want to add a few more spices to my rub next time. I'm not quite sure what, but something. I think probably a little red pepper flake and some cinnamon. I really enjoy a sweet and spicy flavor :) enjoy! 

Ingredients

  • 1 5-6 lb. beef roast ( I used a chuck roast)
  • 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
  • 8 oz sliced mushroom 
  • 8 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
  • sea salt, pepper, marjoram
  • 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Cooking Steps

1. Place sliced onion, mushroom, and smashed garlic in the bottom of your crock pot.

2. Generously (but not too generously) sprinkle your roast with salt, pepper and marjoram. Be sure to rub the spices into the meat on both sides. Place roast on top of onions and garlic.

3. Brew your coffee and pour over the top of roast. Add vinegar as well.

4. Cook on low for 10 hours or so. I cooked it on low all night and then switched it to warm all day long (until dinner time).

Recipe is fromhttp://fastpaleo.com/crazy-good-coffee-pot-roast-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment