Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Crockpot shredded pork over plantain mash

This week was a busy, wet one, so you'll see a lot of crockpot recipes & soups! I found a pork roast in the managers special at smiths so I grabbed it so I could make a pulled pork. I wasn't really feeling bbq pulled pork so I went to one of my favorite blogs in hopes to find a recipe I could make. And sure enough there was one. 😃 the best part about this was it was only a couple ingredients to throw into the crockpot. The only part that would take any time was making the plantain mash. 
I accidentally only bought two plantains and they both were green. I guess I should've read the recipe again before I left the store with my ingredients. Oh well. I just didn't add as much of the liquid and it turned out great. The plantain mash was different but it complimented the pork well. I'm sure it would've been better had my plantains been brown not green. 

http://paleomg.com/easy-shredded-pork-caramelized-mashed-plantains/

No comments:

Post a Comment