Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Paleo sloppy joes

I finally was able to find this recipe again. I made this for Jaedyns birthday but never posted it on the blog. I've never been one for sloppy joes, but I absolutelylove this recipe. I only do 2lbs ground beef & then once it's all cooked, I throw it in the crockpot with 1/2-1 cup of water and then throw it on low for 4 hours. To me, sloppy joes are like chili. The longer it cooks, the better it gets. I served these with sweet potato fries - cut up & peel sweet potatoes, melt a little coconut oil & pour over fries; mix the fries until evenly coated. Add spices of choice (I did half a batch sweet, the other savory) and then bake at 450 for 10 minutes, stir around, and then bake another 10-15 min. They are that easy & that good :) 
A perfect compliment to the sloppy joes along with some steamed broccoli. 

http://www.paleoperfectly.com/2011/11/paleo-sloppy-joes-in-roasted-acorn.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment