Thursday, May 29, 2014

2 recipes of baked oatmeal

We are having guests stay with us tonight and they will be leaving early the next day to go look for a new house. Unfortunately, I have to work early too, so I can't make breakfast for everyone. So I figured the next best thing was to make some baked oatmeal, that they could reheat in the morning. I ended up making two kinds because my friends husband can be kind of picky at times and I wasn't sure if he liked pumpkin or not. I really didn't have any but according to Dave they were both excellent but his favorite was the pumpkin. I would say that the secret ingredient if almond extract helps make it a winner. But he said the apple was really good too. If you're looking to make something for a lot of people, the pumpkin makes at least 16 servings where as the apple only makes 9. 


No comments:

Post a Comment