Thursday, May 29, 2014

Grain free Chicago style pizza

My husband is from Indiana and went to school just outside of Chicago. One of the first places he took me to when I visited him during his masters year was Lou Malnati's. This place is known for their Chicago style deep dish pizzas. We rarely ever have pizza and since I had some free time on my hand and was really thankful for all the hard work Dave has been putting into the house, I decided to make him a Chicago style pizza. I found the recipe for this crust & then added my own toppings of turkey sausage, peppers, red onion, kale, spinach, mushrooms, and broccoli. Plus topped it with some fresh mozzarella  & Parmesan cheese. I used a store bought organic pizza sauce that had no sugar added into it. I also didn't add as much cheese to the crust because I didn't think it needed that much. 
This pizza turned out sooo good!! Dave loved it & so did jaedyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment