Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sautéed veggie medley

This has become my latest obsession. Ill make this to eat as a side dish, top on salads, or even to eat as a snack. Today was a busy day between making more baby food, Jaedyns swim lessons, meeting my mom to pick up something, laundry, etc. Dave was meeting my brother after to work to go swim, so I was left to have dinner by myself. I decided to make my veggie medley & then put it in top of a salad since I need to finish up some spinach left in the fridge. I also needed to cook up some bacon in the fridge before it went bad, so I opted for an egg white, bacon, veg medley salad. Topped with salsa, avocado, and a little creamy cilantro dressing. 

VEGGIE MEDLEY MIX

1 squash sliced
1 zucchini sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1 onion sliced into rings
4 oz sliced mushrooms
3 cloves garlic sliced
Approx 1T apple cider vinegar 
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste

Place a large skillet on the stove with about 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium-high. Once the oil is melted & pan is hot, add onions. Stir around for a minute or two or until they start to become translucent. Then add garlic stir one more minute. Add the rest of the veggies, seasoning, and apple cider vinegar. Cover & let the veggies steam for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid. You should now have double the liquid you started with. (If you don't want juices don't put the lid on. It will just take a little longer to cook the veggies) let cook until veggies are tender/done to your liking. Season with salt & pepper and enjoy! 😀
Veggie medley - I hate taking pictures of my food but I guess with this being a food blog, you need some type of picture. 
 
My yummy dinner! Nomnom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment